表達自己的想法
Giving your opinion neutrally
我覺得..
“I think…”
“I feel that…”
“In my opinion…”
“As far as I’m concerned…”
“As I see it…”
“In my view…”
“I tend to think that…”
表達自己強烈的想法
Giving a strong opinion
我堅信..
“I’m absolutely convinced that…”
“I’m sure that…”
“I strongly believe that…”
“I have no doubt that…”
“There’s no doubt in my mind that…”
詢問別人的想法
English expressions for asking someone’s opinion
你覺得呢?
“What do you think?”
“What’s your view?”
“How do you see the situation?”
“What’s your opinion?”
表達自己的信念
Talking about your beliefs
我相信..
“I believe in…” (the importance of free speech)
“I’m a (great / firm) believer in …” (fresh air and exercise)
“I’m convinced that…” (there’s a solution to every problem)
我熱衷於..
“I’m passionate about…” (human rights)
I’m passionate about all literature.
我對所有文學作品都有熱情。
“I’m committed to … ” (working towards peace”)
We’re committed to the project. We wouldn’t be here otherwise.
我们是全心全意投入这项工作的,否则我们就不会到这里来了。
“I don’t believe in …” 我不相信..
說明相信的理由
Giving a reason for your beliefs
“There must be / can’t be .. (life after death) because otherwise…”
“必須有/不能有..(死後的生命),否則……”
“There’s no evidence for / to support …” (an afterlife)
“沒有證據支持/支持……”(來世)
“There’s no other way to explain / account for …”
“沒有其他方法可以解釋/說明……”
表達信仰
Talking about your religious beliefs
“I’m a practising …” (Catholic, Muslim, Jew etc) “我是……”(天主教、穆斯林、猶太人等)
“I’m a non-observant / lapsed …” (Catholic) “我是一個(天主教徒)的叛徒
“She’s a devout…” (Christian, etc) “她是個虔誠的人……”(基督徒等)
“I’m an agnostic.” “我是一個懷疑論者。”
“I’m an atheist.” “我是無神論者。”
“He’s an extremist / fundamentalist / evangelist.” “他是一個極端主義者/原教旨主義者/傳道者。”
談論政治立場Talking about your political beliefs
“I support / back (the Labour Party).”
“我支持/支持(工黨)。”
“I’m a Conservative / Liberal / Socialist / Labour Party supporter.”
“我是保守黨/自由黨/社會主義/工黨的支持者。”
“I’m a life-long (Conservative / Labour Party supporter).”
“我是終身(保守黨/工黨支持者)。”
“I’ve always voted (Tory, Liberal etc).”
“我總是投票(保守黨、自由黨等)。”
“He’s a staunch Conservative.”
“他是一個堅定的保守主義者。”
“She’s a dyed-in-the-wool Marxist.”
“她是個十足的馬克思主義者。”
表達想換話題(不想討論此話題)
“I’m not really comfortable talking about… if you don’t mind.”
“我不太願意談論……如果你不介意的話。”
“I’d rather not discuss my (political) beliefs if you don’t mind.”
“如果你不介意的話,我寧願不討論我的(政治)信仰。”
“I’m not sure this is the right time / place to discuss …”
“我不確定這是討論的合適時間/地點……”
為避免誤解或爭論,請僅在與您熟悉的人交談時談論您的政治或宗教信仰。
在工作中避免與同事進行宗教或政治討論也可能更安全。
英國人尤其傾向於將政治和宗教信仰視為極其個人化的,有時會發現這些令人尷尬甚至侮辱的公開討論過多。
To avoid misunderstandings or arguments, only talk about your political or religious beliefs in conversations with people you know well. It’s probably also safer to avoid religious or political discussions with colleagues at work. The British, in particular, tend to view political and religious beliefs as extremely personal, and can sometimes find too much public discussion of these embarrassing or even insulting.